1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elizabeth Smart makes Nancy Grace her beeyatch...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

Nancy Grace is an annoying bitch and a tool.

Frankly, what happened to a 14-year-old girl in Utah should never have been nationwide news to begin with.  People go missing every day and we don't give them thousands of hours of coverage nationwide.  Grace and her ilk exploited Smart's story in the first place because she was a pretty little blond white girl.  It was never about news, and she should be ashamed of her "job".

She's lucky that wasn't my little girl or she would have gotten schooled a lot worse.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Granted, that was a particularly stupid question.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Spaceman says yes.

CradleRobber said yes years ago.

4. Nancy Grace is an idiot, but she did have a right to ask those questions. Elizabeth Smart was abducted and held captive practically in her own town -- she admitted to hearing people searching for her. Smart is the stereotype for the weak, subservient Mormon women. Dave Chapelle had a funny bit about Smart in contrast to an innercity girl who was abducted at about the same time.

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

How incredibly awkward! I believe after the first, or maybe the second, one word answer I might pick up on the fact that this line of questioning is going nowhere, and try a different approach. It's impossible to defend the manner in which those questions were posed. Kudos to the girl for putting Nancy in her place, most of the college athletes and coaches I talk to would not have done so as skillfully.

6. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Yet more proof that "Nancy Grace" rhymes with "c*nt."

7. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

Grace is a major league nut.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

This reminds me of the Family Guy where the Smarts say their daughter is back and writing beautiful songs. "Of course, they're all about rape," the father says.

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

We have already have placed Screamin' Nancy in a permanent place on the SportsJournalists.com Hall of Hell, but I'm not giving Elizabeth Smart that big of a pass, or credit to putting Grace in her place.

Tom_Brinkman is spot on with the Chapelle bit on kidnapped kids. The intercity girl chewed, chewed(!) her way to freedom as a way of survival. Smart grew up in affulency and didn't know two shits about how to scream for help when she walking in the store with her kidnapper when someone spotted them and the cops found them. If the intercity girl was in Smart's place at that store, she would be screaming bloody murder to the top of Mt. Everest while pointing at that deranged nut.

Whoever was Smart's PR person is a tool for not prepping her about what to expect from a crazy bitch like Nancy. You know it and I know it, Nancy has every right to ask those questions and all Smart had to say was "I can't comment on that," not that weak-ass "I don't want to talk about it" sympathy crap.

I hate Nancy too, but Smart isn't getting sympathy from me, nor her rich-ass daddy.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Nancy Grace is a bitch. I'm glad Elizabeth put her in her place.

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Guess I'll be fighting a two-prong attack on those two characters then, eh?

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What rhymes with c*unt? bunt? hunt? punt? runt?

Draft saved Draft deleted