1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elizabeth Hasselbeck's tearful apology to Erin Andrews

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oggiedoggie, May 5, 2010.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

If it were my daughter, I'd tell her:

"Your name is already out there because of this scumbag. So go on the show, and show people your personality aside from being someone who interviews coaches and athletes, and being a victim of a stalker. Turn your infamy into fame. Make a positive out of this whole thing."

That's what she's done. DWTS is a chance for a lot of these famous people to do something a lot of people enjoy watching. She made the right choice going on the show.

And she is right to get right out and do something triumphant while the stalker goes to jail.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. ringer

ringer Active Member

WTF?

EA's wearing sheer material up to her neck. It's an ILLUSION, Bitsy. Hello? Ever watch figure skating?

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call what she's doing "triumphant," but fair enough.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I'm sure your objective take has nothing to do with her politics.

5. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

I never claimed it was an objective take.

But since you apparently enjoy being wrong and making assumptions, I don't care for Whoopi either. She and Elizabeth are both idiots.

Anything else? :)

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

[​IMG]

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Golly, you quit makin sense there, okay Mr. Dooley?

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Golly, there's ol Slappy with the same, lame, unfunny joke/insult/whatever. You're still batting 1.000.

You stay original, there Slappster. Or you could sack up and say what's on your mind. But wait, it's so much easier to be passive-agressive. That's right.

Awesome!

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm not going to get into the discussion of what she should/shouldn't wear. I'm still not exactly sure where I fall on the discussion.

What I can tell you, ucacm, is if you can look at someone essentially wearing pasties over pantyhose and call it "not skimpy" then I want to live where you live.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Finally saw the E. Filarski Hasselbeck footage today ... the comment was off-color but I wasn't aghast because of it. More surprised she said it on the air.

As for the apology? I wish she'd stop pretending to be such a martyr. And it pisses me off when parents use their children as pawns to garner sympathy.

11. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

lol, her entire body is covered except for her arms. Is this the 1800s?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

"Covered" by material, yes. But it's sheer. It's why Britney's little pants with glitter, which covered up more than that top, made such a big splash.

Draft saved Draft deleted