1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elizabeth Hasselbeck's tearful apology to Erin Andrews

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oggiedoggie, May 5, 2010.

1. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Actually, it seems to me like they yell at her because she comes across as a smarmy, arrogant know-it-all. If she would learn how to have a decent debate without getting shrill, I'm sure she wouldn't feel so picked on.

2. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Word.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

So a criminal can dictate a victim's life choices? Hoo-kay

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Who said that? She has the right to do whatever she wants. And I have the right to disagree with those choices. It's really quite simple to understand. Or so I thought.

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

EA doesn't look any more trampy than the rest of the ladies on the show. And the Disney suits are probably encouraging her to amp that, given she's now the reigning blonde bombshell after Pam got turfed. The GQ locker room shot was probably tackier than anything she's done on DWTS.
    And Bitsy doesn't come to this catfight with Ivory Snow hands, either. She did some cheesecake a couple years ago for one of the women's fitness mags - there are more bikini shots out there of Bitsy than EA.

6. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

I'm no fan of Erin Andrews or Elisabeth Hasselbeck, but it's moronic to say that Andrews should cover up because her privacy was violated by a pervert. The difference is that Andrews didn't have a choice in what happened to her in that hotel room, but she has a choice (and every right) to wear anything she wants on DTWS. It's not like she should go around in turtlenecks now because some guy videotaped her nude without her knowledge. What Hasselbeck said is wrong because it perpetuates an idea that women who are violated have some culpability or have some responsibility to change their actions, rather than focusing on the wrongdoer.

7. dooley_womack1

Another person who said what I meant much better than I did.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

She posed for a fitness mag? What a whore!

9. JackReacher

I don't disagree with you. Of course the video thing was without her knowing. And of course she has every right to do DTWS. No question about it. And this is not to downplay the crime at all, but the way she boo-hooed about the guy, demanding he spend the rest of his life in jail for what he did (really? the rest of his life?), you wouldnt think she'd turn right around and go on DWTS. And if it were my daughter and she asked my opinion, I'd tell her to hold off on DWTS for the time being. Just my opinion.

10. JackReacher

Not that difficult to do.

11. dooley_womack1

Bite me. Hard

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I suppose it just depends on what particular political point of view you subscribe to before you see their little "debates."

She gets shouted down more often than not, just for having a view that differs. Then she starts screaming, but only after the Joy Behars of the world get all high and mighty.

In any event, it's not a show that has ever featured quality "debate" even when Meredith Viera the former journalist was there to give it a modicum of "credibility."

Draft saved Draft deleted