1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elizabeth Hasselbeck's tearful apology to Erin Andrews

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oggiedoggie, May 5, 2010.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Oh please, make it stop!

From: http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/05/05/elisabeth-hasselbeck-apology-erin-andrews-dancing-stars/

There's just so much wrong with this.

(In before the lock!)

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Some of the stuff Erin has worn has not been nearly as revealing as what Pam Anderson, Niecy Nash, Nicole Scherzinger and the female pros have worn. For Elizabeth to say that was pretty rotten.

BUT. It takes a lot to admit you were wrong. Nobody seems to like to do that these days. I give her credit for stepping up and doing it pretty quickly.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

She was wrong. She apologized.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

the drama the drama ::) ::)

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

If there was any pressure on Bitsy to apologize, it probably came from her husband, who happens to be employed in the same shop as EA. Nevertheless, it had to have embarassed the hell out of Tim and possibly created professional consequences for him.

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I don't know what irks me the most; that she would pop off with something so tactless, or that she is "opening up" to her 5-year-old.

I don't care how badly I screw up at work. My 8-year-old son isn't going to be my sounding board, now, or when he was 5.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So ... umm ... what was EA wearing that sparked this?

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Bullshit. Nobody was talking about any of Hasselbeck's comments when they were made. Snarky as they may have been, this didn't make the news until she apologized.

I also seriously doubt anybody at ESPN gave half a shit.

Dumb comments, good for her for apologizing.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

In case anybody missed my snarky comments, I'd now like to announce I'm apologizing for them.

Boo-hoo. (Yes, Glenn, the Vapo-Rub works!!)

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The public apologies by movie stars, politicians and now a really dumb talk show host are reaching all time lows.

She sought advice from her five year old?

Phony bullshit.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Playing devil's advocate.....none of those other chicks have went through what EA has the last few months. I'm on EA's side 99 percent of the time with this whole deal, but she said she hoped that guy spent the rest of his life behind bars for doing what he did. The rest of his life, which means she was pretty tore up about it, to say the least.

But then, she goes out on DWTS and wears an outfit that leaves very little, if nothing, to the imagination. I understand that what the guy did was ILLEGAL, and that what she's doing is completely LEGAL; it just sends conflicting messages a bit.

Also, EH annoys me to no end, no matter what she's talking about. Ugh.

12. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

I had actually read about the comments and Andrews' reaction this morning before The View's Republican made her apology and that became the news.

The other stuff I agree with too.

Draft saved Draft deleted