1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elizabeth Edwards separates from John Edwards

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Jan 27, 2010.

1. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Good for her. It's about time.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Weekly publication printed excerpts of the Edwards' drama from Game Change last week.

The shit was not pretty from the incident at the DSM airport and everything else while campaigning here in Iowa.

To jump off-subject, I see that Jenny Sanford is going to write a book and Elizabeth Edwards has done one in the past.

When will Eliot Spitzer's wife going to pen a book?

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Word.

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I'd have done it long ago if I was a woman and I was her.
    The settlement would take care of everything and she can go meet someone else.
    Plenty of fish in the sea.

5. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Probably not as many as you think if you're a woman of a certain age with stage 3 cancer. And if she's as difficult and as mean as she's been betrayed, maybe she thought it was easier to stay with this horrible, vain man than start again on her own. Just a guess, but it seems like she'd rather have a man around than not have one at all.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

That's maybe right.
    She'll get tons of money in the settlement, which will be cause, at least, for some happiness.

7. printdust

printdust New Member

Good for her. Hope she owns him after the divorce suit.

8. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Maybe she can get divorce advice from Newt's exes. :D

I'm glad she's decided to do this. Edwards needs to own his failures, man up and be there for his kids. Going to Haiti isn't going to help any of that.

9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Seriously, who the shit cares about Newt Gingrich? This wasn't even a partisan bashing here: people from all sides are making Wal-Mart jokes and everything else. Can't we just make fun of a true POS without having to make sure we mention someone from the other side of the aisle that had a similar problem?

10. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

It was a joke.

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Well perhaps someone should have told me that.

12. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Gotta love Rielle when you read this:

<i>Rielle Hunter (born Lisa Jo Druck on March 20, 1964, also known as Lisa Hunter, Lisa Jo Hunter, and Rielle Jaya James Druck)</i>

Draft saved Draft deleted