1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elizabeth City, N.C. reporter

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Charlie Hustle, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Tis true. The good news is you're within an hour of Hampton Roads and the OBX. The bad news is there's jack shit between E. City and there. One of the morning zoo teams in Norfolk did a takeoff of GNR's Paradise City called "Elizabeth City". Classic stuff.

The Virginian-Pilot has a presence down that way, with a bureau and an N.C. edition, but given the sparse population, it's not Priority One. Funny thing about OBX -- the Pilot and Times-Dispatch probably run even there for single-copy sales (or at least availability), this despite the Pilot being on the ground there.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

If RTD is anywhere near even with the Virginian-Pilot in EC, that's not good for the Pilot. The latter has always tried to keep some sort of presence in northeastern N.C. whereas I don't know if Richmond, by comparison, has ever been concerned further south and east than Norfolk/Hampton Roads.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I don't think the T-D has anything in EC. I meant the beaches, which makes more sense since most vacationers are coming in from Richmond or Hampton Roads. Surprised that there's not a little more Raleigh presence, though, because I'd be willing to bet a bunch of people from the 85/40 corridor go to the Outer Banks for the week.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I dunno what the N&O does up in that corner of the state. I know they send some early, early zone editions down to Beaufort County and the river inlets and some points east. If I had to guess, the N&O does something similar to the Outer Banks and up near Elizabeth City.

Draft saved Draft deleted