1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elian Gonzales is a communist

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

The reader comments on that story make me wonder how many of the responders on AOL display the "Morans" sign.

Also, the ad on this page? "Fidel Castro thinks he (Obama) is 'the most advanced candidate.'" Paid for by John McCain, 2008.

Yeah, that's an appropriate way to be an adult there, McCain. ::)

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Between Waco and this fiasco, I'd say Janet earned infamy.

4. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Can you imagine how brainwashed that kid has been since he got back from the US? I imagine he's treated as the poster child for that government, so it's really no surprise.

Remember, his dad was a member of the govt. and a proud commie himself.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

If other nations are expected to honor our courts' child-custody decisions, then our nation has to honor child-custody decisions made in other countries.

Including Cuba.

Elian Gonzalez's mother did not have legal custody. She grabbed her son and ran. In short, that's kidnapping. When non-custodial parents kidnap their children and haul ass to other countries we expect those children to be returned. We have an obligation of honor to do the same when the roles are reversed.

And now he's joined Cuba's version of the Boy Scouts. So?

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

It can't be said any clearer than this. To have allowed the kid to stay here would have constituted bald hypocrisy on the part of the U.S.

And now he has joined the Communist Party, which as we all know is prima facie evidence that he is evil.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Being a Cuban communist just ain't the status-maker that it used to be. Kinda like being drafted by the Arizona Cardinals, only with better team jackets.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Honestly don't know how some of you can find fault with the decision to return a child to the parent he was essentially kidnapped from. That is all.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Jack-booted thugs storming into a poor family's house and stealing a child.

You did a heck of a job Janet.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I can and do also find fault with the way the process was carried out, but I can't find fault with the end result.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Viva la revolucion!

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So you're a fan of government-sponsored kidnapping?

Draft saved Draft deleted