1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eli Stone officially done

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RedSmithClone, Jul 13, 2009.

1. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Please tell me I'm not alone in my love of this show?
    I got home from work Saturday night/Sunday morning and kicked back to watch one of my favorite TV shows of all time - for the last time. I enjoyed every second of the couple seasons ABC gave it, and as time wound down on the end, music kicked in and a slow motion Eli ran up the stairs in a white fadeout, all I could do was say WTF ABC! WTF!
    That is all, for now.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was watching Harper's Island - plan to catch Eli on the web. I hated Boston Legal - but found Eli Stone interesting, never enough "interesting" on TV these days. Between the black Wednesday when ABC whacked Pushing Daisies, Eli Stone and Dirty Sexy Money and now, ABC's schedule got 98 percent more boring.

3. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I watched the show when it was in the original weeknight time slot. At some point along the way, it lost me for some reason. Anymore I hate to get wrapped up in too many new network shows because it seems like the ones I like are the ones they always pull the plug on.

4. BRoth

BRoth Member

Who wants interesting and original when you can spend half the money on a poorly constructed reality show guaranteed to get more viewers?

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I really enjoyed this show. Originality/doing something different goes a long way with me.

And I thought Julie Gonzalo, at least on this show, was in the Katherine Heigl category as "Luminous, Appealing Beautiful Actresses on ABC shows."

6. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

I've got the last two episodes tivo'd. hate they cancelled a show that actually had some originality. sadly, people would rather watch reality crap.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Saw it - it was great. And yeah, Gonzolo is quite hot. She's got a lead role in NBC's Day One this fall. I'll be watching.

Though I was a bit confused about throwing out the reference to Grace, considering the character (played by Katie Holmes), hasn't been heard from since that episode it was a bit of a stretch. If I were Eli - I'd take Maggie. No scars.

Draft saved Draft deleted