1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eli Manning's silver spoon got brighter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Aug 5, 2009.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That could definitely come, though I think it will hit elsewhere before the NFL truly feels the pinch.

I don't think one franchise's troubles selling naming rights, which was raised earlier, is a particularly good barometer. The Steelers had the same problem when they got their new stadium. That was not only before the national economic ugliness, but also well before the city of Pittsburgh's finances hit bottom. Heinz stepped up and paid $57 million for the naming rights, though most of the motivation there was to help out the Rooneys and the city.

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

i guess they have some control over that but it's right next door so wouldn't it be pretty similar. he has won a super bowl and is a solid QB but this reminds me of when the Rangers signed Chan Ho Park. he was good but there were easily several guys you could name who were definitely on a higher level. i don't think Eli will crumble like Chan Ho but i doubt he'll be a top 3 or top 5 qb.

Draft saved Draft deleted