1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eli Manning's silver spoon got brighter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Aug 5, 2009.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So should he turn down the money? Ticket prices are about supply and demand, if they're to expensive people will stop going. As long as the stadium is full ticket prices will continue to rise.

2. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

I think most of those tickets are corporate write-offs that are being paid for by bailouts.

Seriously. Look at Cowboys Stadium. One million dollars to sit in a damn ground-level luxury box with access to the bar where you can go slap a Cowboy on the back as he trots out onto the field?

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It's ridiculous, but if the team can get that money, why wouldn't they? We are constantly reminded that sports is a business, plain and simple.

4. ScribePharisee

Well, he can't sell the damn name.
    Speaking of Cowboys Stadium, when is the old one going to be blown up? I had heard it was going to be done this summer to be part of that movie "2010."

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Of course you do.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So what do you suggest they do?

7. ScribePharisee

Well, corporates spend like drunken sailors. Have you not read the Baltimore paper thread? These guys' yacht payments are due.

8. ScribePharisee

What do you mean?

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

What the fuck is your point? First you're pissed at Manning for getting the contract then you're pissed at the owners for what they charge. If you're so pissed stop going or stop watching. Sports is a business, for the players and the owners and if fans are skipping mortgage payments and meals to go to games there the ones who are fucked. The average person has been priced out of sports for years.

10. ScribePharisee

JC:
    We're talking Manning in one context, the blowing up of Texas Stadium and the naming rights to the new stadium.

I'll clear the postlinks since you can't seem to follow them.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I can following along just fine thank you.

I guess I'll go over to the other thread you are lecturing on and see if I can't learn how I can turn gay.

12. ScribePharisee

Easier than to be specific with your question.

Draft saved Draft deleted