1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eli Manning sacks up, blasts Tiki

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Aug 21, 2007.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Careful about the gloating, Eli. You don't want to be considered the Tee Martin of the NFL.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

3. Kar33mSkyhook

Kar33mSkyhook Member

Tiki lost big time, big time.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

But Tiki is the brains behind the Giants keeping Tom Coughlin. We know that because Tiki told us that was true.

5. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Eli > Tiki & Ph.Rivers & Tee Martin

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

John Mara did confirm that conversation.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Yes he did - in a fine article in The Record by Ian O'Connor - an interview with Tiki on Thursday before game.

8. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

That's a good article. Very enlightening and informative.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7742580/Tiki-says-he-doesn't-deserve-Giants'-scorn

I guess we can't truly know people unless we spend time with them, away from the job.
    I've never met Tiki, though I think he misspoke when calling Eli out as he did.
    The Giants were able to do what they did without Tiki, and credit goes to them for that.

Time will heal all of the still-open wounds, perhaps.

9. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

As a Patriots fan going back to the days of Randy Vataha and Mack Herron (so last night sucked the moose, to borrow a phrase from a friend who is an NBA scout), I gotta admit, it'll be fun watching the Giants at the White House going, "Where's Tiki? Oh, that's right. He's not here. And won't be, either."

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you know, i don't mind repeating shit, but i don't mind being called a douche bag, either.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

yeah, spnited, my friend, john mara confirmed the convo. but also said tiki just stopped by to say goodbye and that mara haad already asked several RETURNING players about tom and that they had all said to bering him back. mara made it clear that tiki's comments were zero factor in the decision to retain coughlin provided major tom agreed to lighten up a bit.

it was good for ian to give tiki a forum to give his self-serving tiki spin, though. convenient of ian to paint it as if tiki saved coughlin's job.

self-serving dick, tiki is.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

I always knew Eli would be a great QB who could lead the Giants to a championship.

Draft saved Draft deleted