1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eli Manning sacks up, blasts Tiki

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Aug 21, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I agree 100 percent. The middle of the season is not the time to be talking about how you've lost your competitive desire.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Wow, good for Eli, I'm sure Giants fans must be happy to read that.

4. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I'm glad Eli got on that drama queen with the huge overbite.

Eli's comments about Tiki on ESPN radio were hilarious:

"it sounded a bit rehearsed. Sorta like the locker room speeches he used to give."

These Manning boys are alot funnier than I first thought.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Archie must have gotten Peyton's PR guy to help Eli out.

I love it, because it was overdue that the clubhouse lawyer needed to be put in his place. All of that whining about Eli, Coughlin, and his sweetheart t.v. deal in the middle of the season became part of the circus distraction, along with Strahan.

If I was Strahan, I would STFU, show up to camp, and not say another word or Eli will be tossing one-liners to the NY Press.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Of course, even if Strahan shuts the fuck up (about as likely as my dick growing 12 inches overnight), you've still got Plaxico Burress basically taking the summer off. He'll be a loose cannon come September. I just don't see that locker room falling into line for Coughlin, who desperately needs an orderly year if he ever wants to work again in the NFL in any capacity.

And while it's cool that Eli blasted tiki, it's a lot easier to blast the guy once he's long gone. I'll be more impressed if Eli's ditched the hangdog fourth quarter look.

7. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Allow me to channel my inner-Clay Davis on this one:

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIT

8. Flash

Flash Guest

That bothered me, too ...

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

We're talking about our idiot running back who got liquored up and ran his mouth off. That sad thing is, he was a good running back. He was a good running back. But he's an idiot.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Tiki's hatred of Tom Coughlin turned last season into a sideshow with his "I'm retiring," "I'm not retiring" bullshit, and it all started after the 23-0 Wild Card loss to Carolina.

The Giants probably won't win eight games this season, and probably won't be a playoff team. But without diva bullshit artists Tiki Barber and Michael Strahan, they'll be a closer-knit, happier team.

11. I didn't hear his stuff from ESPN radio, but if he did it today, I wonder if it has anything to do with Tiki's comments this weekend about him handing over the locker room talks to Eli late last season. Tiki basically said he did alright, but it was awkward, and he wasn't a "team leader" either in the huddle or in the locker room. Just seems odd that Eli speaks up about this, especially comparing something to Tiki's "rehearsed locker room talks" now, after an entire offseason to think about it.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Did you read the link? It's all in reference to Tiki's comments.

Draft saved Draft deleted