1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eli Manning out at least a month? All year? Not at all? Depends who you believe

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 10, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Or perhaps you Atlanta Falcons fans will have Charlie Frye next week. Another rumor circulating that it's Frye for Redman.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

So what is it? He's either playing or getting cut?

4. TheSportsPredictor

No, the Browns are currently trying to trade him, rumors are the Giants and ATL are the targets, if he's not traded they'll cut him.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

When there are conflicting reports on an injury, it's best to assume the team is either lying or at least bending the truth.

That aside, I guess Chuck needs a new quarterback to overrate. One game and he is ready to declare Manning better than Roethlisberger and Rivers combined? That's almost as bad as his hyperbolic love of Michael Vick. Both have done a good bit more to prove themselves as NFL quarterbacks than Manning so far and one big game doesn't change that.

Only one of those three quarterbacks has won a playoff game and that is Roethlisberger. He has won five of them, including a Super Bowl. Ok, he sucked in the Super Bowl and in the first-round playoff victory over the Jets the previous year. But he was also the team's best offensive player in the three AFC playoff victories in 2005 (look it up. I've posted those numbers enough on here).

Manning has a ways to go to catch up to him or to Rivers, much less surpass them.

But one thing is clear from any perspective....Charlie Frye sucks.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Re: Eli Manning out at least a month? All year? Not at all? Depends who you beli

And so did you mean Quinn is starting? I saw they're going to sign Dorsey back, who is Quinn's guy.

7. TheSportsPredictor

Anderson will probably start, Dorsey #2, Quinn remains third QB (at least that's how it should be).

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

No, he meant Frye. FOR THE GIANTS. "your" starting QB talking to Giants fans.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Manning WILL start Sunday for the Giants.
    He might not finish but I bet he starts.

10. TheSportsPredictor

Giants fans are off the hook, Frye goes to Seattle:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7214446

Draft saved Draft deleted