1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eli Manning out at least a month? All year? Not at all? Depends who you believe

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 10, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Translation: I'm pulling this out of my ass, and saying it's unconfirmed to cover said ass.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Re: Eli Manning out at least a month? All year? Not at all? Depends who you beli

Smart co-owner.

You can always pick up Jared Lorenzen for the next four weeks as a backup. :)

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Perhaps he read it on a message board.

Apparently it is partially confirmed now.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

We really ought to try our own incredibly unconfirmed-type rumor here at SportsJournalists.com and see if it sticks anywhere.

5. TheSportsPredictor

That's been done. It's how I discovered the site. Couple years ago I was looking for news on Kerry Wood cuz and I found SportsJournalists.com where someone had posted a rumor that he was going to have TJ surgery.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Incredibly unconfirmed + SportsJournalists.com = redundant.

7. TheSportsPredictor

Don't know why everyone is cracking on PFT. Mort basically just did the same thing. He says his sources tell him Eli's out a month, but that the Giants say he's day-to-day and very well could play Sunday. Don't see the difference at all.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Big Ben? Maybe.

Philip Rivers? Try again.

Staying on topic, who knows? Maybe we should start up a pool of our own. Closest to correct gets one of those SportsJournalists.com keepsakes or something. ;)

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Re: Eli Manning out for the year?

Well, with Brandon Jacobs down and this rumor probably not true, we're definitely being deprived of the best backfield ever. Lorenzen at QB, Jacobs at HB and a buffet table at FB (Actually Ruben Droughns at FB works pretty well in that backfield). There are a couple of right sides of offensive lines that wouldn't stack up favorably with that backfield.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'm game. Ol' Eli misses two weeks.

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I would instantly become a Giants' fan if Lorenzen was the full-time start. I like him enough to forget Coughlin is even there.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Someone likes Lorenzen? God, why?

Draft saved Draft deleted