1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Elena Kagan, sportswriter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by finishthehat, May 18, 2010.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Ah, I was going to make that joke, but figured it would be better received from someone else.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Maureen Dowd has been driving at something in her last two columns but not sure what. Todays- "All the Single Ladies" : http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/19/opinion/19dowd.html?ref=opinion

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Did she cover softball?

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Well, I tried to make the point the other day that "single" and "unmarried" are not necessarily the same thing.

Andrew Sullivan also found the Times profile odd:

5. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

That is an interesting question and may be something for the journalism topics board. I know when I was writing for a daily, I was assigned to do a story on a female athletic director who was battling cancer. She was past 50, never married, had short hair and acted like a "guy." However, she is not "out." It was a question of what to ask. It made for a crappy story on my part because I didn't want to get into details of her life. My editor was mad because I didn't have things such as if she lives alone, where she lived, if she had pets. My response at the time was I wouldn't have asked an umarried male ad the same questions. Years later, I am not so sure.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Did she have cats. Did she drive a Subaru

7. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Even Maureen Dowd never seems to be sure what she's driving at these days. Since she's not a member of the Beltway inner circle any more with the Obamas in town, she doesn't seem to have a lot to offer on much of anything.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

After reading the thread title I was expecting a picture of her with a mustard stain on her blouse.

9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

This would explain the White House stationary my Secret Santa note came on.

10. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

these links no longer work, fwiw

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

No field hockey? Whaaaa?

I wonder if she's a member here?

12. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Worked when I posted 'em.

Looks like someone on the committee combined all her Daily Princetonian stuff into one file. You can access it from here if you're curious:

http://judiciary.senate.gov/nominations/SupremeCourt/KaganQuestionnaire.cfm

Draft saved Draft deleted