1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Election Night Pizza

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Oct 9, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The only election in town is the Big City's mayoral election; no city council, no school board, no nothin.
    Every editor from the No. 2 down is here and, yes, there's election night pizza.
    Am looking on the other side of the cell blockto see how hard they work and all I can do is laugh... it's like a light Thursday night in prep season...

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Go fuck with them.

Call in some fake reports of election tampering.

Then call every five minutes and ask for the score of the East Rottencrotch-West Bumfuck game.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Good call, they'll never know it's me...

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Take turns calling, asking if they know the results of the election yet.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Polls have been closed 45 minutes, I dont think the phone has rung in 10

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Then call and ask them why they write longer stories about the the candidates who win, when the losers TRY JUST AS HARD AND PRACTICE JUST AS MUCH!

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Side note: What would happen if the "media" didn't take pictures/footage of candidates casting their ballots? Would they still vote if there were no cameras to pose for?

8. pallister

pallister Guest

The best thing about working in news is that every night is easy except when there's an election.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Slappy - You should have handed out the phone number and a bunch of us could have periodically called for updates.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

How would a busy sports writer like yourself find the time, 'Gola?

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Well, I don't actually have anything to do right now. Probably could have gone home a couple of hours ago, but there is nothing to do there so I stayed at work.

And yes, I know your question was sarcastic.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's my day off. I could have made multiple dials for the winner :D

Draft saved Draft deleted