1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Election 2006. You Make The Call

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by heyabbott, Oct 30, 2006.

?

Predict the Cnogressional Results of the 2006 Election

Poll closed Nov 6, 2006.
  1. Dems sweep the House and Senate

10 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. House to Repub, Senate to Dems

2 vote(s)
    4.4%
  3. House to Dems, Senate to Repub

14 vote(s)
    31.1%
  4. Repubs hold the House and Senate

10 vote(s)
    22.2%
  5. House to Repubs, Senate 50-50 split

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  6. House to Dems, Senate 50-50 split

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
  1. In all due respect Lyman, I'm not sure you know Maryland too well. It's my home state, and I've been following the race pretty closely. Steele has been a pretty solid candidate, but it's just too blue a state - and a sophisticated one. There will be plenty of people who would consider voting for Steele --- like me, for instance --- but will not this year knowing it could end up being the difference in who controls the Senate.

And not many African-Americans are mad about the Cardin-Mfume race. It was a pretty civil primary, Mfume endorsed Steele on primary night and has occasionally campaigned for Steele.

Now New Jersey, you may be right about that. But I have a feeling the national mood will ultimately doom Kean Jr. there too. Any other year, Steele and Kean would both have a chance.

2. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I say the Democrats win back the House and the Senate is a split. It's a compromise, because I'm not convinced the Democrats won't find a way to fuck this all up at the last minute and let the Republicans maintain a very narrow majority. I'm waiting for Nancy Pelosi to do something really stupid...

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Ly:

They're offering 3-1 odds on Steele at Tradesports.com.

Easy cash?

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Your fears are reasonable. It appears that Pelosi has been kept out of sight for the last two weeks. Reid, too. Americans need to ask themselves: Do we want a party in power that's afraid to put its leaders on display the final three weeks before an election? What do the dem strategists know and when did they know it?

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Derrrr.....

6. This thread was going so well, then old tony showed up. Then I saw his post wasn't as viscerablly hateful as usual, and had hope. But it's only hope.

7. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Pelosi? Out of sight? Come out of your cave, Tony.

In the last week, I've seen stories on Pelosi on CNN and Good Morning America. And that's just stuff that I've had time to notice during a busy time.

She's doing interviews with virtually anyone with an outlet. And barring the Democrats fucking this up somehow or the Republicans stealing it somehow, she'll be doing future interviews as Madame Speaker.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

She's been the feature of lengthy profiles in both Time and Newsweek in the past six weeks.

Nancy, come out of your cave!

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Not to mention the big 60 Minutes interview Pelosi just did that aired last Sunday. But then again, what do I know? I live in the reality-based community.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Pretty soon, we'll all need a passport to enter the gated reality-based community.

11. Fawning pieces of crap, they were. But hey, the ones on Newt were just as fawning in 1994. Oh, wait ...

12. Good odds. I'd take 'em. Don't put your next paycheck on it, however.

Draft saved Draft deleted