1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Election 2006 -- Race By Race

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Thought I'd start a thread for people to talk about their local elections to the rest of us around the country, since the election's pretty well nationalized at this point.
    So.
    Calling IJAG and whoever.
    Is this race a big upset?
    http://politicalwire.com/archives/2006/11/02/in_ky3_upset_in_the_making.html

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Let's start a crying countdown to Tuesday for the liberals.....

3. Let's feed the children Thorazine and send them to bed to eat paste.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Tuesday's coming. To borrow from Our Famed Troop Supporter, "help is on the way" but it ain't what you want.....

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

In MN, Kennedy within 10 points of Klobuchar, the closest he's been in a while.

Cachman-Wetterling is a coin toss.

MN House could go to the DFL.

I'm sure Rosie can help with anything I've missed.

Herseth wins big in SD, keeping another DINO in the House. Rounds retains governorship for the Republicans.

And the anti-abortion crazies have showed up in SD again, driving around in the semi trailers with 15-foot high posters of aborted fetuses. The lady in charge of keeping the abortion ban is furious, because those people convert next to no one and mobilize the base on the other side.

Can't say I blame her.

6. This one's for Ides.
    Where's Sali at, and I see where Conrad Burns has closed in Montana.
    And zeke, I've got a U of M poll from 11/1 that has Klobuchar way ahead. Which numbers have you got?

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

They were talking a 10-point spread on MPR this morning, which is the closest Kennedy has been.

I'll check it out.

Edit: This is the poll in question:

Mason-Dixon 10/23 - 10/27 625 RV 40 50 5 Klobuchar +10.0

Looks like an outlier, though.

Average poll has Klobuchar up 17.

8. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

While driving home last night I saw a car with a Santos/McGarry sticker.

If only it were so.

9. joe

joe Active Member

In Missouri, the Talent-McCaskill race for the Senate seat gets uglier by the day. Polls say it's a dead heat. Let's just say I won't be voting with one of their newfangled electronic ballots.

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

My dad says he thinks Talent will win big, despite the polling numbers. I had a Democratic Party lacky call me this week to remind me to get out and vote for McCaskill. I felt bad telling him I moved out of the state.

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Former Angels pitcher Kirk McCaskill's a politician?

12. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Election 2006 -- Race By Race

Does everything have to be about race?

Anyway..I think the black guy will beat the white woman for Governor of MASS, in Tennessee, it's looking like the black guy might win the Senate seat......and the top 2 Democratic Presidential hopefulls are a white woman and black fella from Illinois.

Its looking like we'll have a black tuesday, and I'm looking forward to it.

Draft saved Draft deleted