1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

El Sid ripped

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SockPuppet, May 30, 2006.

1. anders2144

anders2144 New Member

My lone Sid experience involves being referrred to as "little girl" by him throughout my time seated next to him in the pressbox as a 22-year-old reporter. That kind of high fuckery is pretty much par with him.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The way it sounds, Sid was doing his post-game interview for the UM radio network. Not that it justifies a damn thing, mind you.

Sid's radio interviews are painful in the extreme. Really, UM broadcasts are pretty painful all the way around.

They should have cast him in Airplane for the part where the dude says, "They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into, I say, let 'em crash!" Would fit him nicely.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It was like watching a UFO... you know you're seeing something that shouldn't be there, but you're not quite sure what you saw.
    Was my firsttime covering a game at the Metrodome, so I wasnt sure what to do... the Minnesota guys did nothing
    It was over and done within two minutes of an afternoon game, so it wasnt but up against deadline, so it wasnt as crucial... more like let the old fuck go so we can get work done.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

While the ego-heavy head is right proportionally, where's the brown nose and lips in permanent pucker....

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

And the ever-present scowl?

6. leo1

leo1 Active Member

moddy, from what i understand, sid owned some of the land bought by the city for the metrodome. the star tribune, then independently owned, also got in on that deal thanks to sid. it's all very shady and no one seems to be able to explain all the details. fwiw, he's rumored to be worth in the $40-50 million range.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Say WHAT?
    He's got all that fucking green, why's he still working?

I guarn-an-fucking-tee you this, my coffers ever show $40 mil and I've covered my last game.

8. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

But Moddy, what's $40 mil if you lose all of your close, personal friends and legions of adoring fans?

9. MGoBlue

MGoBlue Member

Never heard of Sid. Doesn't appear I will go out of my way to do so, either.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Consider yourself fortunate.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'd like to be in his fucking will.

Draft saved Draft deleted