1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

El Lay

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Sep 28, 2012.

1. maberger

maberger Member

Belmont Brewing company is nice hangout spot

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I loved it. Didn't have as much time there as I thought I would (a day instead of two days), but I tried to squeeze in as much as I could.

The only thing I messed up on was that I should have taken a drive on Mulholland. Instead, I drove down Laurel Canyon from the Valley (at night), picked a side street, and drove up the mountain in a residential neighborhood. Holy shit. Some of those streets up there are harrowing when you're from the flatlands as I am.

Saw Hollywood (saw Hal Holbrook walking out of the Grauman's Chinese Theater), walked around Westwood before my game, drove a bit of the Pacific Coast Highway, etc., etc.

The one bad thing is that I picked up some sort of horrid rash, but I think that happened on the plane ride back. I'm on more steroids right now than Manny Ramirez to fight it.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted