1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Eight Stupidest Things Sports Fans Love to Say'

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

http://www.gq.com/sports/lists/201007/fan-fallacies#slide=1

My favorite: "He plays the game the right way."

Excerpt: Just watch Nick Punto—bunting, diving and light-hitting extraordinaire. Nobody has ever played any game more rightly than Nick Punto plays baseball. By the way, Nick Punto sucks.

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Time to crack open a Dr. Pepper and watch the fireworks.

3. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Fixed

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Only eight? Where's "You're not a REAL fan"?

Oh, and good work there, Meat.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I remember when the local TV station would interview fans after a big win or big loss and you'd hear about how happy or disappointed they were. Now they feel they have to break down the freakin' game like its a tryout for NBA Tonight.
    "Well, WE couldn't get the ball inside or get enough second-chance points to open up OUR outside shooting. OUR transition game just wasn't there tonight - the early foul trouble of Joe Star forced us to deeper into the bench than I would have liked to see."
    Back to you in the studio...

7. KP

KP Active Member

Trades. Package all the crap from their team together and ship it off to another team for a valuable piece in return.

8. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

This could alternately be titled "eight things I used to have to edit out of my writer's copy every time he wrote."

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

"GET IN THE HOLE!" on the tee of a par-5. Nothing else is close.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

See, I find that hilarious, in a "wearing a Heat jersey to an Indians game" sort of way.

It's funny because someone knows how annoying and stupid it is but does it anyway. Every time.

11. bueller

bueller Member

I roll my eyes whenever a fan tries to show their football knowledge by saying their team should throw to the tight end more. ::)

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I get sick of psycho-analysis.
    I get sick of talk about team chemistry, who's a good clubhouse leader and who is/isn't a leader.
    I don't care if it's a fan, a broadcaster or a writer. It's nauseating.

Draft saved Draft deleted