1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eight Men Out + Futurama = a TV dilemma

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Starting at 9 p.m (Central time)....a Futurama marathon on Cartoon Network. Includes "Jurassic Bark" at 9:30, and "Parasites Lost" at 11.
    Starting at 9:30...a second showing of Eight Men Out on ESPN Classic.
    Which will you be watching?

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Depends on how long you want to stay up. The eight-episode Futurama block repeats at 2 a.m.

And it's a hell of a block, too. All eight episodes would be on anyone's top 20 of Futuramas, and many top 10s -- Jurassic Bark, which is on now and has been talked about here often, Time Keeps on Slipping (my choice for the best one), the finale, the episode where Fry gets killed by a big bee, and the one where Fry goes back in time and does the nasty in the pasty. All classic stuff and a must-watch for me.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, the only one that I could take or leave is the one where Fry gets killed by the bee. Just not a personal fave. The others are phenomenal though.

4. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Isn't Canada's ESPN Classic awesome:

9:00 PM PBA Bowling: Great Lakes PBA Classic (November 2, 1994) 10:00 PM CFL Classics - 1989 Eastern Semi: Winnipeg @ Toronto

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That bonus that Comiskey screwed Cicotte out of . . . really happened in 1917, not 1919.

6. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Sherman's March on the History Channel, which starts at 9 p.m.

7. When's Junction Boys on?

8. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

The stale champagne was in 1917, not 1919. But, hey, this is a movie. They never get everything accurate.

Draft saved Draft deleted