1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

eHarmony not in harmony with homosexual agenda

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, May 31, 2007.

1. What does it matter? The soul food restaurant could probably offer sushi but it doesn't. So be it.

2. They don't exclude blacks, just like they don't exclude homosexuals.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

OK, W-B, now you're getting silly.

They don't exclude homosexuals? Come on.

As I said, I don't know about this lawsuit, but now you're just making stuff up.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Right. [/Dr. Evil]

5. Homosexuals are allowed to pick heterosexual partners ...

And to answer your earlier question about what extra work the company would have to do, here's a pretty good sane explanation:

"The research that eHarmony has developed, through years of research, to match couples has been based on traits and personality patterns of successful heterosexual marriages," it said in a statement.

"Nothing precludes us from providing same-sex matching in the future. It's just not a service we offer now based upon the research we have conducted," eHarmony added.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Sounds like they were at least smart enough/had the foresight to have lawyers add that clause for when that day came. Not sure it's a complete defense in court, but it's something they can point to.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That's just stupid.

8. No it's not. Your implied question was how does this differ from the young black folks being denied service at the N.C. diner in the 1950s. This would be like them getting service then complaining because they didn't want the special of the day.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It is stupid, write.

Show me how the product this company would offer would differ if they offered it to gay people, other than the heading switching from "Men seeking women" to "Women seeking women".

They offer the service, they restrict to whom they offer the service.

Much like J-Date does.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No, it's what Zeke said ... stupid.

11. "The research that eHarmony has developed, through years of research, to match couples has been based on traits and personality patterns of successful heterosexual marriages," it said in a statement.

I have no idea what J-Date is ..

12. OK, guys. You go with the stupid word ... I'm going to sleep.

Draft saved Draft deleted