1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

eHarmony not in harmony with homosexual agenda

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, May 31, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070531/tc_nm/usa_eharmony_gays_dc

Damn businessman trying to earn a living on his own terms.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I knew we had gone too long in relative peace.

Teh gays are taking over Austrailia!

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

They are underestimating the power of open-minded heterosexuals. If I were choosing a dating website, I would specifically avoid eHarmony because of this policy.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Gee, I guess you secretly hope guys accidentally send you a letter of interest.

Your kind needs to go to this one: www.adultfriendfinder.com. Just to make you feel a taste of SportsJournalists.com, they probably have an "anything goes" category.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

One more reason not to go to e-harmony. Match.com has same sex matches, and that doesn't seem to be hurting them.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

There's some dating service that is using E-Harmony's policy as a way to get business for itself (the ad with the guy looking at the centerfold, then saying, "nope, still gay". Good for that company.

7. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Wasn't E-harmony rumored to be a Christian dating service?
    The no gay matches sort of backs that up even if they deny it one would think.

8. IU90

IU90 Member

Absolutely fucking ridiculous. It's a privately owned website, Right? Can't they offer whatever services they choose?

There are other websites that specialize in catering to the dating demands of the homosexual community, should straight folks be suing them? If those filing this frivolous lawsuit think there's not enough online dating/matchmaking options for the gay community, why don't they just create one to meet that unmet demand and get rich that way, instead filing this embarrassing lawsuit. There's no end to the examples of the over-litigiousness of our society.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Try it like that and see if you still like it...

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Indirectly, they are a Christian dating service, but they don't force feed it. It plays itself off as a dating service to find like-minded people in a clean-cut way.

Neil Clarke Warren is a minister and Christian writer, in case you didn't know...

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I'm sorry, I don't recall personally attacking you in my response. I was stating my opinion and position, which had nothing to do with you.

Your behavior is a large part of the reason discussion threads go south so quickly.

12. Wow, Zeke. You may have just changed my mind on this issue.

Draft saved Draft deleted