1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eff Coast to Coast with George Noory

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Mar 26, 2007.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'm one of these whack jobs that cant fall asleep to the sound of the voices in his head arguing and sometimes need to turn on an radio to give the voices something to listen to instead of arguing among themselves.

So I toss the radio on, scan until I get a signal, and plop down Friday night. Turns out that I had put on Coastto Coast with George Noory (Art Bell's old show). Noory is playing a sound that sounds like a woman screaming in junk yard in the middle of a severe hail storm. Noory claims that that the sounds were recorded with a mic that was lowered into some fault in Indonesia. Noory then goes onto say that "some experts" believe that its the sound of people trapped in Hell below the Earth's surface trying to escape.

Enough to freak out some people at 3 a.m., right? Not my fucked up mind though. Nope, my brain goes, "wait a second! Lets think about this! We don't have a microphone cord that long to reach into a fault line. And think of all the people that have died over the thousands and thousands of years. There's not enough ROOM i the core of the Earth to house all of the fuck ups. Surely Satan would have turned up at a township supervisors meeting somewhere to ask for a permit to build hell's expansion. And who the hell said hell is IN Earth anyways?..."

I hate talk radio.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Art Bell is still on the show on weekends and I'd rather listen to him. At least he'll touch on some hard science stuff (astronomy, climate etc.) once in a while. That UFO crap is a surefire dial-turner.

3. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I remember that story from a Weekly World News cover. It was around the same time they had a picture of an oil well blowout with an image of Satan in the fireball and the headline "SATAN RELEASED FROM HELL."

Talk about not getting any sleep that night.

4. Do they still play the Nancy Sinatra-Lee Hazlewood masterpiece, "Phaedra" on that show?
    Now, that's creepy.

5. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Is Art still overseas, or did he go back to the high desert?

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Art is back in the desert I believe.

And Noory is more story teller sci-fi radio geek than what Art was.

Draft saved Draft deleted