1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Edwin Snowden Come In From The Cold

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 2, 2014.

?

Should Snowden Receive Amnesty?

1. Yes

48.4%
  2. No

51.6%
  1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Like VB, I can see some of this being necessary up to a point, but strip-mining of private information on Americans without cause should outrage everyone regardless of political leaning.

However, I don't understand why anyone would have a problem with us spying on other countries. They're certainly doing the same. That's how the game is played. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.

Snowden - and the gross incompetence of his employer - has badly damaged our ability to protect ourselves. He broke the law and should be punished.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

We must reject the false choice between our safety and our ideals and fall back
    on the charter of our founding fathers that has served us well for over 200 years.

As a child of the 60's cold war era , I think we were in greater peril then.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

In my view, heroes and patriots don't go looking for relief from countries which, notwithstanding post-Cold War labels and all sorts of make-nice talk, are still no friends of the U.S.
    But then nor do I think the Obama Administration is a friend of the U.S.

4. joe

joe Active Member

I think I heard Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. I think I heard it from *trustworthy* government officials. I think I heard that DAILY. I think I heard that turned out really well.

Draft saved Draft deleted