1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Edwards endorses Obama

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, May 14, 2008.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Obama easily won the North Carolina primary. Doesn't mean he'd do well in the general election in N.C., but suggests that he might not need help in that state like me might need in another state.

2. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

It's a very interesting debate, I'm sure one that is going on in Obama HQ right now.

Do you pick a VP like Hillary to appease women? Or do you count on them falling in line because they'd never vote for a pro-life Republican like McCain? (Especially with the huge Supreme Court debate we'll have throughout the summer)

Do you pick a VP who amplifies your strengths?

Do you pick a VP who moves you more to the center?

Do you pick a VP based solely on geography and a key state you'll need to win in November?

3. This is what's sad about politics. I've had this same debate with people, but really, shouldn't it be about putting together the best pair to run the country (and the best back-up, just in case)?
    It's unfortunate that we elect the best campaigners instead of the best politicians.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

I'm making up for the rising cost of gas and food by forgoing haircuts for the foreseeable future. Besides, my hair's in a cool '70s let-it-be phase right now. I'm very happy with it.

5. Agreed ...

6. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Run her head-to-head against her husband and she'd beat him by 20 points.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yes they would. Yes they have.

In addition to the fact that many women are, in fact, pro-life, the ones who have been supporting Hillary --- by and large --- are not exactly in the abortion demographic anyway.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If Hillary wasn't done before, she REALLY is now.

9. I'm back with Kodos, if that happens.

10. Sammi

Sammi Member

He obviously wasn't sure whether Charlie Pierce was The Cynic.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm with EStreetJoe on this one - Health and Human Services seems like a logical spot.

My bet is Attorney General goes to Janet Napolitano -- a former US Attorney and Arizona Attorney General who was an Obama supporter before he was the frontrunner.

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Weird as hell for him to wait until now, when the endorsement really doesn't do that much good. Sending Barry his delegates can't hurt, tho.

Draft saved Draft deleted