1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Edwards endorses Obama

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, May 14, 2008.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

http://www.newsday.com/news/politics/ny-usedwa0515,0,6137381.story

Obama/Edwards 08?

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

We know, Chuck. And no.

3. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

I like John Edwards...I think people like John Edwards. But this "fight" over his endorsement was pretty overrated, I doubt there was anyone who thought he would endorse anyone but Obama. The guy hasn't proven to draw flies to shit at the polls. He was forced on the ticket because he supposed to make the Dem ticket competitive in the south and had Kerry went with his choice (Gephardt) he would have probably won Missouri and the White House.

4. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

I'll be highly surprised if Edwards is on the ticket. He's already proven that he can't deliver the South. And though he's probably a better campaigner now than he was four years ago, it's hard to forget how poorly he performed against Dick Cheney. Unfortunately, he had no real impact in this year's primary. This endorsement is pretty overrated, in my opinion -- and that comes from somebody who initially supported Edwards.

If any Southerner is on the ticket, it will be Sam Nunn.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Much more likely than veep is probably a Supreme Court seat for Edwards. His wife is terribly ill. Even if he did make a good veep candidate (which he doesn't), I don't know that his heart would be in campaigning.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'm guessing Edwards will be the Attorney General, and a damned good one. But that's just a guess.

7. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

Good call.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

$400 haircuts for everyone!

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

What will Hillary be? SOL.

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

My guess was going to be the place where he can have an impact on people's health and the poverty issue -- make him Secretary of Health & Human Services.

11. No Elizabeth at the speech, though.
    Interesting.
    She's always been more down on Obama than he is.

12. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

With all due respect to Elizabeth Edwards, who I like immensely, she has not run for political office and therefore her endorsement/presence is not necessary.

Draft saved Draft deleted