1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Edmonds: HOF?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BartonK, May 12, 2008.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You Have Got To Be Fucking Kidding Me.

Jim Edmonds has reached a Neifi Perez level of suck. And he's a fucking punk ass bitch to boot.

Jim Hendry needs to be hung by his balls from the Addison L tracks if he signs this doucherocket.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Edmonds in a Cubs uniform =

[​IMG]

and ...

[​IMG]

The second picture is Steve McMichael. Played for the Pack in '94.

Having those shitheads on the Packers made my stomach turn.

But take heart, A_QB, neither of them reversed the Packers fortunes at the time. Then again, neither of them will play as much as (hot-)dog ass Edmonds. Enjoy the suck! ;D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

His glove work might get him into the Hall of Pretty Good. Had he stayed healthy, he'd have the offensive numbers for HOF consideration. But he only got to 500 AB five times in his career. And he has fewer hits (1,817) than HOPG guys like Jack Clark, Norm Cash and Bobby Grich that are in his neighborhood.

4. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I talked to a GM/VP once about Jim Edmonds.
    Disclaimer: He was a couple Dirty Martinis in, two olives, shaken.
    He said: "Edmonds makes all those pretty catches because he is two steps too slow."

5. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

So the GM/VP was James Bond?

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I don't doubt he said that, fw, but that really smacks of somebody who's had a couple of drinks and felt the need to say something provocative, whether it's bullshit or not. :)

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Jim Edmund could get in the "Highlight Reel Hall of Fame". I think it's in Bristol or something.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Sponsored by some awful piss beer.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

He's also right.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

And you're saying he failed to make as many catches as the next CF because he was a step slow? Or did he make as many or more because of his acrobatics?

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Edmunds strikes me as the baseball equivalent of Curtis Joseph-- always making the highlight reel with his fabulous plays

Problem is, if he played goal properly instead of swimming all over the blue ice, those saves would have been routine.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Someday, probably in the near future, a computer nerd will make a program that tracks time of batted ball in flight with distance covered by the outfielder or the shortstop or other position player.

If Edmonds can run 100 feet in 2.1 seconds (from the time the ball is batted) but Devon White could run 113 feet in 2.1 seconds, then I think we have a very valuable little piece of information and a nice piece of technology.

Draft saved Draft deleted