1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Editor, The Wolfpacker

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ondeadline, Apr 5, 2007.

1. aztarheel

aztarheel New Member

I also worked for Coman Publishing in the past (pre-Shane) and I can attest that Stu is "good people" as is the guy currently the head of the NCSU Rivals Web site... Both know more about NCSU than about anyone else on the planet and the lead guy for the Web site is VERY well connected (and often beat the daily newspaper guys to breaking items).

You will be expected to work your tail off, especially during FB and BKB seasons, and recruiting is a very big deal. But you'll also do a variety of tasks, not the same old, same old (except for maybe Pack Morning Update). A great experience for someone wanting to try lots of things and get experience in everything from writing a game story quickee for the Web, to crafting 3,000 word features for the magazine to posting audio and video to the Web, etc. The magazine just moved to once a month (was about 20 issues a year), so that should ease a little bit of the deadline pressure for that...

Plus you'll get to cover two major ACC programs with coaches much more likeable than the ones who were there when I was around...

PM me if you want more details...

2. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I keep checking back in the hopes that maybe, just maybe I read this whole thing wrong and there's a job opening in the city I really want to move to...
    [​IMG]
    :(

3. lecach

lecach New Member

Anyone know the likely salary range for this one?

Draft saved Draft deleted