1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Editor, Newsmax Media Inc., West Palm Beach

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jul 7, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Because if I can help find one of our right-wingers a happy home, then I've done my good deed for the day ...

http://jobview.monster.com/GetJob.aspx?JobID=72968164&aid=71762225-778&WT.mc_n=MKT000351

It appears that I can't post a more direct link. Use that one.

Looking for an Editorial Leader

South Florida media company seeks an experienced-but-hungry editor who can assign, edit and produce investment, health and lifestyle content for business-to-consumer newsletters and for a financial news Web site. If you've managed an alternative health or investment newsletter, we need you.

Duties include assignment editing, managing freelancers/contractors, proofreading, and managing relationships with outside medical experts and financial advisers. We do it all here, and lots of these products interact.

You will work with newsletter authors and with other editors and the marketing team to coordinate stories and content on a deadline that can stretch from constant Web updates through the day to monthly newsletter closes, as well as weekly columnists — even cutting edge video.

Position reports to Editorial Director. The candidate will assist in all editorial duties relating to our investment newsletters and Web site while meeting daily publishing schedules. This person also will do rewrite work according to style and product.

Successful candidate will possess the following MINIMUM requirements:

* Five years editing, alternative health and investments experience a plus!
    * Track record of meeting deadlines
    * Fast rewrite abilities (turn a mess into glory on deadline!)
    * Significant assignment editing experience
    * Strong line editing and layout background (headlines, subheads, captions)
    * Newsletter publishing and editing background preferred

Great opportunity for growth in a dynamic, fast-growing publishing company in South Florida.

We offer a competitive compensation package along with an outstanding benefits program, which includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/Long-Term/Short-Term disability insurance, 401(K) with match, Paid Time Off, and Holiday pay. Salary: competitive.

To apply for this position, please respond with a resume, cover letter and salary history.

Draft saved Draft deleted