1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Editor, Hungry Horse, Mont.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Feb 4, 2010.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Yes, that Hungry Horse, Mont.<blockquote> The Hungry Horse News in Columbia Falls, Mont., seeks an energetic editor to continue our award-winning tradition. We are looking for an all-purpose editor who is competent and experienced in all areas including reporting, photography, editorial writing, layout/design, and Internet. Expertise in InDesign, NewsEditPro IQue, and Photoshop, as well as a sports background, may be helpful in this position.

The 4,500 circulation Hungry Horse News is part of the Flathead Publishing Group, which includes 7 weeklies and one daily in beautiful Northwest Montana. Columbia Falls is a growing community and is the gateway to Glacier National Park. It offers year- round recreational opportunities.

The position includes a competitive salary, health insurance, and 401(k) program. You will need a reliable vehicle, a good driving record and proof of insurance. A post offer/ pre-employment drug test is required.

Send letter, resume and work samples to Frank Miele at edit@dailyinterlake.com, or by mail to PO Box 7610, Kalispell MT 59004. No phone calls please. We will only be able to contact the top applicants. </blockquote>http://www.journalismjobs.com/job_listing.cfm?jobid=775791

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

An SJ favorite.

3. I did an SportsJournalists.com search and didn't come up with anything. What's the joke?

4. Runnin Rebel

Runnin Rebel Member

At least this time I know what they mean by "award winning."

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I thought about posting this, but someone beat me to it. It looks like there are some sports involved. It looks like a beautiful area and housing doesn't look to be that expensive. I'd bet it doesn't pay 30k, though.

As for the joke, the company's benefits are horrendous from what I can tell. And the paper's award-winning tradition is a Pulitzer in 1965.

BTW, the job was open five months ago.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/73044/

6. Harry Doyle

Harry Doyle Member

Dammit, Reb. You stole my thunder! :)

7. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Man, I thought it might be the other one this time.

Where's the photo?

8. nmsports

nmsports Member

I'd love to have one story in my clip file with the "HUNGRY HORSE, Mont." dateline.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. BrianMcDowell

BrianMcDowell Member

That was always my favorite Springsteen tune......
    "Everybody's got a hungry horse...."

Draft saved Draft deleted