1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Editor fired over Saban column?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by tyler durden 71351, Feb 8, 2007.

1. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Looks like an Internet hoax has cost someone his job....this is kind of a d_b from an earlier thread about Saban.

http://capstonereport.com/?p=34

EDIT: And if this BLOG! is wrong, my apologies to the man in question.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Ouch.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Dude even got the "Birminham News" wrong in his column. Not that it matters because of the other errors there.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Ouch.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Desperate for a column, isolated, and time-starved . . . sad story.

7. boots

boots New Member

Two words - Jack Ass.
    If ever there was a no-brainer canning, this one is it. He forgot the most important rule, one that even your's truly has broken, COVER THY ASS!
    In this case, there was no cover available. I think it took Dodge more time to write the story than to place a simple phone call to get a quote.

8. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

You know, if writers continue to do this type of thing, Saban might just become a total ass. :D

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I read the first post on this thread and my firstthought was "What ding-dong at Tuscaloosa do now?" :D

10. That's exactly what I was thinking, Slappy! :)

Yes, the writer was horribly sloppy, but where did he get the fake e-mail? If someone from the Birmingham News wrote that and sent it out, even as a joke, he/she has some explaining to do. I hope that's not the case.

11. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Damn!

12. leo1

leo1 Active Member

yeah if ever there was a guy who deserved to be fired, this is it. it's sloppy, lazy and piss-poor journalism.

Draft saved Draft deleted