1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Editing your own audio/interviews

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jdklamp, Aug 18, 2007.

1. jdklamp

jdklamp Member

I wanted to send someone part of an interview I did recently, but not the whole thing. My digital recorded allows me to get the audio files for the interview on my computer. Now how do I go about self-editing and cutting up the file? Do I need professional equipment? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
  2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I use Adobe Audition ... very easy to edit, cut and create new files.
  3. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

audacity is freeware and relatively easy to use.
    it converts your .wav file to an .aup file for you to edit. then you need to convert it back to a .wav or .mp3.
  4. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Call it old school, but I've never had a problem downloading a program called Switch to convert the file to a .wav and then using the Sound Recorder found in Start - Programs - Accessories - Entertainment to open it up and cut it up and then insert other copies of the same file. It's how I learned how to do it 10 years ago and found it works, so I let it be.
Draft saved Draft deleted