1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Editing your own audio/interviews

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by jdklamp, Aug 18, 2007.

1. jdklamp

jdklamp Member

I wanted to send someone part of an interview I did recently, but not the whole thing. My digital recorded allows me to get the audio files for the interview on my computer. Now how do I go about self-editing and cutting up the file? Do I need professional equipment? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I use Adobe Audition ... very easy to edit, cut and create new files.

3. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

audacity is freeware and relatively easy to use.
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    it converts your .wav file to an .aup file for you to edit. then you need to convert it back to a .wav or .mp3.

4. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Call it old school, but I've never had a problem downloading a program called Switch to convert the file to a .wav and then using the Sound Recorder found in Start - Programs - Accessories - Entertainment to open it up and cut it up and then insert other copies of the same file. It's how I learned how to do it 10 years ago and found it works, so I let it be.

Draft saved Draft deleted