1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

EDIT -- Rocky Balboa vs. IVAN DRAGO

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by kingcreole, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I always give Drago credit for killing Apollo. I mean, here he is in this hugely hostile environment, with American flags waving, and James Brown singing, and Drago just beats the living hell out of Creed without breaking a sweat.

Parts that piss me off about that scene:

1. Why does Rocky take so damn long to throw in the towel?

2. After the ref gets pushed out of the way by Ivan, why doesn't Rocky just jump in the ring to get him off Apollo. Was he afraid he'd get his Boss sweatshirt dirty?

2. John

John Well-Known Member

Well, we all know how hard it is to remove blood stains.

3. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

"You gotta promise me ... you're not gonna stop this fight no matter what. No matter what!"

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Ok, in the first two flicks, Rocky is such a dumbfuck he confuses condominiums with condoms.

But after getting knocked down roughly 27 times, and repeatedly hit in the head with 2,100 psi of force (according to Drago's training montage.... Hearts on Fire, indeed), he can suddenly give semi-coherent speeches, warming years of Cold War hostilities.

So Drago beat the sense INTO Rocky? Huh?

5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Remember DD - If I can change ... and YOU can chance ... EVERYBODY CAN CHANGE!

6. doubledown68

He's not human.. he's like a piece of iron.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

for the love of piss ... why in the fuck do you hate fake america?

8. doubledown68

I don't hate fake America... but I pity the fool(s)

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

what is: why do you hate rocky(?) for $1,000.

10. doubledown68

Because there's no easy way out..... there's no shortcut home.

I'm also not a fan of awkward man hugs in Larry Bird's shorts.. but that's just me.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that's because you've never hugged tom petty ... and shall i call you mr. bird?

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And what good did it do Apollo?

And where were any other ringside officials? You'd think a boxer shoving a ref would be cause for stopping a fight.

And where the F was securit?y No ringside docs could even get to Apollo because of the crowd around him.

Draft saved Draft deleted