1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

EDIT!!! IMUS CANNED FROM TV AND RADIO!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sportsbruh, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Re: MSNBC Cancels Imus From TV

Sad, what fenian's dementia forces.....

2. Simon_Cowbell

He gets ZERO latitude in making the announcement after the dollars were already gone.

None.

Disgustingly disingenuous.

Capus might be fb.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Can I ask something?

Is Simon_Cowbell the poster formerly known as

freak
    chocolate starfish
    freakfish
    pube
    Colombo

'Cause it didn't seem like those other posters would triple and quadruple post like this.

4. Simon_Cowbell

LOL.

The last two definitely would.

That's how they played catch-up.

5. Lugnuts

Would you quit changing names?! ;D You're confusing the heck out of me.

6. Simon_Cowbell

I just get bored every few months.

Sorry.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Colombo? I thought it was Columbo. Or did the board have both?

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Mutiny within NBC? Not surprised. Awhile back, when the 9 a.m. MSNBC anchor was expected to appear in Imus' show to preview the news and banter a bit with those guys, there were several incidents involving Amy Robach and Contessa Brewer that bordered on sexual harassment and led to complaints to management. Imus is lucky his crews' actions didn't get the network sued, and probably built enough animosity that the news crew was anxious to get his petrified tuckus booted out the door when opportunity knocked.

9. Lugnuts

Can you at least make an announcement or something everytime you change? Or at least alert me?

For awhile I thought you were the poster "Simon."

10. Simon_Cowbell

Hey... YOU can call me Simon.

I appreciate that you care enough to want to be alerted.

11. Re: MSNBC Cancels Imus From TV

Please. settle on one name and don't let its head be quite so fat.
    The guests are the reason that the "what-about-rap? diversion is just that. The guests are what put Imus in the mainstream of the American power elite. The guests were why he worked for a major mainstream news operation. He deserved to be fired because of what he said.

12. boots

boots New Member

Check this out and how would you feel?
    BOSTON - The NBA has been a learning experience for Allan Ray during his rookie season, with the former Villanova star finding himself enduring the ups and downs of playing at the top level of basketball.
    But it also has been a learning experience in life for Ray, a guard for the Boston Celtics, especially in the last week because of the outrage arising from disparaging comments directed by radio-talk-show host Don Imus at the Rutgers women's basketball team.

Ray's sister, Judith Brittany Ray, a freshman forward, is a member of the Scarlet Knights' team, which lost to Tennessee in the NCAA championship game and then had to hear its players ridiculed a few days later by the controversial Imus.

"I talked to her about it and she's pretty upset," Ray said last night before the Celtics played the 76ers. "I just told her that people say things in this world and you've just got to move on.

"When I heard it, I didn't know exactly what happened. If you're going to say something like that - well, you shouldn't say anything like that, period, on the air. It's something you should keep to yourself. Just to have those kinds of thoughts, it just shows the type of person you are.

"I wouldn't accept his apology," Ray said. "If you accept the apology, then it's going to be settled and what he said is not going to be an issue anymore. People will say, 'It's over now.' I think there should be more punishment for saying something like that."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.