1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

EDIT!!! IMUS CANNED FROM TV AND RADIO!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sportsbruh, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Re: MSNBC Cancels Imus From TV

Time to track down Sacha Baron Cohen, and Dave Chappelle, and Chris Rock, line them up next to Imus and shoot them all, huh?

Disgusting hypocrisy oozing out of each of your keystrokes.

You might be an NBC executive.

Here's the collection of bullshit masquerading as a statement from this dynamic duo of liars, Zucker and Capus:

Over the past several days, we have had to grapple with an incredibly difficult and sensitive issue,” Mr. Zucker said in the e-mail message. “After our announcement of the suspension of Don Imus, we have had ongoing discussions with a number of employees and employee groups within our business. The result of these discussions has been very clear. NBC Universal has a strong reputation for integrity and our employees value that integrity tremendously.

“Those conversations have led to the decision Steve Capus and I made today.”

2. girl friday

girl friday Member

Can you explain this comment? I'm not trying to give you sh!t, I really would like to know.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Watching the Countdown replay:

Olbermann's spine turns gelatinous and doesn't grill Capus that the real reason for the firing was the massive advertiser pullout.... and NOTHING else.

Capus actually had the gall to talk about Imus' ratings... as if he still had all those advertising dollars based on ratings.

Pathetic.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Have you watched Borat?
    Rock's White-Man Cam?

5. girl friday

girl friday Member

You're getting defensive, and you only mentioned one of your three examples. I'm not trying to pick a fight with you. I'm trying to get clarification.

6. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Anyone in a public debate with Armstrong Williams ought to just reach into his/her wallet, pull out a couple of bills, slap 'em down and say "Now, will you agree with me?" It would be worth it just to watch that douchebag turn purple.

7. Simon_Cowbell

You have to see what has made those guys millions of dollars. It's misogynist, racist, anti-semitic.... take your pick.

8. girl friday

girl friday Member

I've seen Chris Rock, I've seen Borat. But when I sit down to watch them, I know it's supposed to be funny.

Is Don Imus supposed to be funny? Or is he supposed to be a current events/political yakker?

Even if he is supposed to be funny, he singled out a small, specific group of women that he knows absolutely nothing about (he talked about their tattoos and only one of the young women has one) and called them whores.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Someone call 9-1-1, Olbermann just separated his shoulder patting himself on the back.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Doesn't he do that at least once a day?

11. Simon_Cowbell

Jews flew the planes into the buildings on 9/11....

Jews are cockroaches who will go away if you toss dollar bills on them....

Blacks are chocolate faces....

Women are on earth to be raped at will.....

Funny?

Who now wants to own up to laughing at this stuff in Borat?

Crickets (not Jews)

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

...and Al Sharpton doesn't think that's enough to punish Imus, after MSNBC pulls the simulcast? Like anyone was going to watch. Besides, it's hard as hell to get a WFAN signal out here in the Midwest at 5am in the morning to listen to it on radio.

Al, you got your wish. Now STFU and get off the t.v. screen. Snoop Dogg is looking for you. He's just been sentenced to 800 hours of community service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.