1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eddie Murphy to Host 84th Academy Awards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 21, Sep 6, 2011.

1. The fuck-you man! I love it! Fuck you, Eddie! You the fuck-you man! Huh? Suck my dick, Eddie! You black mother fucker!

2. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Eddie Murphy is hosting the Oscars...the ratings are certainly not going up for this telecast. Is this the best they could come up with? The only thing Murphy did that was good was the tune with Rick James "Party all the Time".

One more reason, why I am inclined not to watch the awards show :(

3. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Murphy looks like an older version of Chris Tucker if true. The test screenings must be going through the roof if Eddie got the gig

4. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Dick swingin'.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Might need to change the thread title soon.

After joking on Howard Stern about pretty much raping Olivia Munn, and later saying "rehearsing is for fags," controversial choice Brett Ratner is out as producer of the Oscars.

And since he hand-picked the star of his Tower Heist movie, Eddie Murphy, to host the Oscars, and since the movie bombed, speculation is the new producer will replace Eddie with a "safer" choice. Stay tuned.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, I heard the Stern segment. He certainly did himself no favors.

I think if Ratner is out, Murphy will be out as well, or Murphy will handpick the director.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I read he also discussed sleeping with Lindsey Lohan. What'd he say about that?

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He told a good story about how he hadn't seen Lindsay in a week or so and he helped host a party for Victoria's Secret models at his house and winds up nailing one of the models. About 4 am Lindsay shows up and Ratner saw her through the security camera and said to the model, "Oh that's just a friend of mine, she'll go home..." Apparently Lindsay had memorized the code to get into the house, so she comes in and tries to attack the model.

That's the short version... Funny stuff though...

9. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Beverly Hills, CA (November 9, 2011) - Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences President Tom Sherak announced that Eddie Murphy has withdrawn as host of the 84th Academy Awards. "I appreciate how Eddie feels about losing his creative partner, Brett Ratner, and we all wish him well," said Sherak.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

It's a shame. The Rattner/Murphy duo would have been a fantastic trainwreck of an Oscars.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If they need a new host, how about ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Maybe they'll hire Nick Nolte to host. That would complete the circle after Eddie had to step in as "host" of SNL when a coked-out Nolte was a no-show after 48 Hours was released in 1982.

Draft saved Draft deleted