1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ed Wade: air-head

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PhilaYank36, Aug 17, 2007.

1. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

2. part-timer

part-timer Member

I guess part of his job with the Padres won't involve jumping with the Flyin' Elvises...

3. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

... Utah chapter.

4. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I posted this in the baseball thread. I said he should have just dropped.

5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Don't put news in those 100-page threads. A lot of us never look at them because we suspect a lot of them are the usual suspects making the same old arguments.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

So can you Phillies Phanboysloosers tell me who was the GM when the Phutile Phils drafted Jimmy Rollins, Ryan Howard, Chase Utley, Cole Hamels, etc. etc. etc. or grabbed Shane Victorino in the Rule 5 draft

7. Same guy whose team never made the playoffs in eight years?

8. Wade's done a good job analyzing young talent but his mistakes were with the veterans.

Bye Kevin Millwood, bye Schilling, bye Rolen; here's a big contract Lieberthal, and one to you Burrell. One solid reliever away from making the playoffs? Hello, Mesa.

I think Wade's biggest problem was that bullpen. If he had just pulled the trigger once or twice at the trade deadline, the team would have been in the playoffs ...

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

True W_B, but the same guys who are drooling over the great young talent are ripping the guy who brought that talent in.

Contradictory or just plain stupid fans?

10. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Do you seriously have to even ask this question?

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'll go with B!!!!!! But they're Philly fans. Just about all of them are morons to begin with.

12. Thanks for the endorsement, guys. ;)

GM's a multi-faceted job and Wade just didn't have all the facets :D ... he may truly be a great evaluator of young talent but it was always frustrating to watch him in the most visible part of his job - signing contracts and trades.

It's not like he was Ron Zook'd. Eight years is a long time in the big leagues and his ship came in without him. I'm sure he'll make a great talen scout somewhere ...

Draft saved Draft deleted