1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ed Koch Feels the Same Way as Whitlock

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I suppose if you hate the sin but love the sinner -- or in other words, following Christian faith -- you would question Obama's character. How dare he show what a real Christian should act like!

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Still awaiting evidence that Wright is a racist or a bigot. Not saying that it doesn't exist; just saying I haven't seen it. I haven't researched the man- only read the excerpts that have been spewed all over the place in the past weeks' articles. He seems full of bluster and badly-chosen rhetoric, but racist?

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Do you feel that Al Campanis was a racist?
    Jimmy the Greek ?
    Fozzy Zoeller ?
    Don Imus ?
    Joe Biden ?
    Reggie White?

4. writing irish

Hmm, changing the subject when you can't answer the question. I am intrigued by your fail and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

5. Yes, I think it would be brilliant politics for Obama to go out of his way to prolong this current spasm of irrelevant media idiocy.

6. Boom_70

I know that the talking point but I don't think it's as irrelevant as you say. I remeber that you said some things we "irrelevant" in the Kerry campaign also and look where that got you.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Yes. And we're so much better off for it.

8. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Exactly.
    I think we all know what the deal is here by now. Either you understand the concept of "hate the sin, love the sinner," or you're happy to have this stick to try to beat Obama with. Nothing any of us can say -- and nothing Obama can say -- is going to appease the stick-wielders. We just have to hope against hope that the public isn't as stupid as the stick-wielders are hoping it is.

9. Boom_70

What the fuck ya talking about? Show me where I suggested that Wright was a racists and bigot? If you payed attention it's not the issue at all most have with Wright.
    You are one who did not a answer a question - Well what say you asshole?

10. writing irish

I say that being called an asshole by someone as dim as you is a compliment. You've ventured into utter incoherence.

11. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I have a pretty big nit to pick with Ed Koch, and it's something that's bothered me for a while. He is by far not the only person to do this. I'm not sure why I'm bringing it up here and now, but here it is:

He makes the statement that 3,000 Americans died in the 9/11 attacks. This is wrong. For one thing, it was fewer than 3,000, but that's not my point. My point is that more than 200 of those victims (209, by the most common count I've found) were not in fact Americans. The victims of 9/11 held citizenship in around 90 countries. Sixty-seven of them were British citizens, making 9/11 the deadliest attack in terms of British lives lost since World War II, worse than 7/7. Twenty-three more were Japanese, and another 15 each were Mexican and Filipino.

If people want to keep using the number 3,000, I have no issue with it. But I do wish they'd stop saying 3,000 Americans, and just say 3,000 people.

Draft saved Draft deleted