1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ed Koch Feels the Same Way as Whitlock

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Has Rev. Wright done anything illegal? No? Then your question is pointless.

2. No.
    It counts as "forging a relationship."
    They don't share the same brain, for god's sake.
    And until somebody produces something Obama has said, or done, that is in line with the worstpf what Wright says, this whole thing is organized wanking.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

OK, as long as you hold Republicans to same standard of proof.

But, back to reality, there's no way Obama didn't know of Wright's racists views. So to continue forging the relationship in light of that, without distancing himself (until he was forced to), makes me question Obama's character.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Cowbell's asinine argument, writ anew.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

The defense of Obama in regard to Wright is typical hypocrisy. If it were a Republican who had a long-standing friendship with a racist pastor, not only would he/she be labeled a racist from the get-go, there'd also be all kinds of hand wringing over the "Religious Right," and plenty of outrage over the destructive influence of religion in today's society, blah, blah, blah.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Wright is a racist? Proof, please. Show your work.

7. If you weren't predisposed to do so anyway, why would it make you do that now?
    Do you believe that the snippets we see on TV are the sum total of Wright's pastoral work? Are they enough to define his ministry? Do they make, say, his marriage counseling less valid, or his scriptural exegesis less compelling? Remember, this isn't some guy preaching out of the back of a van. He was the pastor of a large congregation in a very mainstream American Protestant faith tradition. And how does any of this touch Obama? As I've said before, the old Catholic Good Friday liturgy was a festival of organized anti-Semitism. For thousands of years. In thousands of churches, in front of millions and millions of people. Am I an anti-Semite because I sat through it for 25 odd years? Does that make you "question my character"? And, if so, why?

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

OK, what's the left's equivalent of Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell? What about the raft of conservative Catholic cardinals that more almost 30 years of reactionary popes have brought us? You really don't want to say there's any equivalency as to the influence of religion.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I question your character because of your negligible Irish ancestry. Not your religion. :D

10. Negligable, my arse.
    Sleep with one eye open tonight, you miserable omadhaun.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Just teasing, brother. Here:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Too late.
    I already called for help.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted