1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ed Graney at the R-J

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by blondebomber, Jul 24, 2006.

1. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

I'll call 'em as I see 'em, Tim. People who post anonymously can't, by definition, be personally insulted. I'm not here to defend some cyber persona. So fire at will.

2. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

And I appreciate your comments on Ed. Nobody here calling him lazy at all. An enterprising young lad he most surely is.

But for all the R-J employees on this board, there hasn't exactly been a rush to Iole's defense.

3. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Since I don't know ANY of the people who have been mentioned favorably - or less than favorably - in this thread to date, let me say in as objective a way as I can:

I have enjoyed reading Ed Graney's columns in the Las Vegas Review Journal for the past 6-10 weeks.

I have found them to be well written and informative.

4. arnold ziffel

arnold ziffel Member

It's hard to believe R-J management could turn a blind eye to what Iole has done if what you say is true BB.

5. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

Join the club.

6. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2002/Aug-14-Wed-2002/sports/19409074.html

CityLife, the weekly here, wrote a scathing report about how the R-J didn't pay for the plane ride. Management was red-faced and claimed Iole and Feour took the trip without consent but also had found Iole on his own had accepted gratis trips from Arum in the past. Of course, I can't link that story because the R-J now owns CityLife, and those archives have conveniently disappeared.

But I found this ...

http://www.lvcitylife.com/articles/2001/03/01/export2343.txt
    (and Iole wasn't begrudingly assigned the beat as he suggests)

7. Any new thoughts on Graney? My favorite columnist/featurist right now...

Draft saved Draft deleted