1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Economic news - Should we be worried?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 20, 2007.

1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I can recall taking two trips to Canada in 2000 and 2001 and having the US dollar be worth about $1.55 over there. Some stuff was more expensive than in the US (gas, for one thing), but otherwise it was almost like getting free money.

Guess we won't be seeing times like these any time soon. :(

2. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

In my market, $350,000 homes rarely exist, and if you find one, you don't want it.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Your fears are not unfounded. My wife and I had our house up for a year with no takers. Not low-ball offers -- no offers at all. Now we figure MAYBE we'll put it back up in spring 2009 or 2010. We actually talked to our agent recently, who said everything right now is about price. So in this market, having a house in move-in ready shape is a hindrance, in that you're competing against a rash of foreclosed homes, people in shitholes they're desperate to sell because they're one step away from foreclosure, or estates selling recently deceased widows' homes that haven't been touched in 25 years.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Oh but good news is just a cable remote click away. I'm sure any minute, Neil Cavuto and the Starbucks crowd will tell us how the visit of the Iranian president will be good for stocks.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

taking your medication is a good thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted