1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ebert undergoes emergency surgery

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Jul 3, 2006.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I know how much his reviews are loved here...thought I'd pass this along. Sorry if I'm D_Bing.

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=226573&GT1=7703

Film critic Roger Ebert, who has battled cancer in recent years, was in serious but stable condition Sunday following an emergency operation to repair complications from a previous cancer surgery.

Chicago Sun-Times columnist Richard Roeper — co-host of the "Ebert and Roeper" movie review show — told the newspaper that Ebert's vital signs appeared to be good after the hours-long operation.

"Roger is a fighter, and I have every confidence and hope that he has thousands of movie reviews ahead of him," Roeper said.

Ebert's family told WLS-TV, one of his employers, that they expected him to make a full recovery.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Hopefully, his surgery was - and will be - two thumbs up.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've had the pleasure to meet Ebert a couple times... Very nice and very short man...

I hope he's well. He and Peter Travers (Rolling Stone) are by far my favorite film critics.

4. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

Wow, two of the best writers, he and Gammons, so close to one another.

Prayers for both.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Has Vincent Gallo made a statement yet?

(Sorry, couldn't resist. Get well soon Roger, if only so we can read more reviews like the brilliant Deuce Bigalow 2 slam job)

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The curse of Vincent Gallo?

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

While it hasn't affected his writing, that I can tell, it has been a little uncomfortable to see ebert on his show lately ...

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted