1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

eBay

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I was going to ask if you had removed the hard drive, but I'm glad to see you did. It's scary what people can find on used ones, even if the previous owner thinks it was completely clean.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

It's actually a very small amount unless you accept and instant credit card payment. I tell buyers up front, if they do an instant credit card payment, I'm charging them 2 percent more on the sale so I break even.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

Got any underwear?

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

new or used?

5. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

I disagree on the "only accept Pay Pal" advice. I don't have it, nor am I dealing with setting it up. If you only take PP, I don't bid/buy,.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I put some stuff up yesterday, the clothes (sans undies to John's chagrin) come today.
    That will take a while. I wrote most of the product descriptions yesterday (including actual sizes) and took pics. Just a matter of getting them up -- without taking forever.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

PayPal serves to protect buyer and seller. I only accept PayPal. Thanks for stopping by and looking at my auction, but move along.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I've got about half of it posted... I'll be damned if I'm letting my Leafs jersey go for 99 cents...

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

That's the exact type of thinking that is going to stop you from selling. If you love your jersey don't sell. But you cannot expect others to value your stuff the same as you.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

True ... your stuff is only worth what someone else is willing to pay ...

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Ummm, no actually.
    I bought it a couple of months ago for like 30 bucks. Found one I liked a lot better at the same price and bought it, so Im selling this one.
    has nothing to do with sentimental value, everything to do with my desire to at least make what I paid for it three weeks ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted