1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eating the Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by otc, Feb 3, 2011.

1. otc

otc New Member

Just getting to town to cover the Super Bowl. Help a brother out by recommending some good watering holes...

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I would recommend not eating the Super Bowl. That's gotta be 100,000 people, tens of thousands of seats, that huge ass jumbotron, all the support vehicles and a few acres of land. Good luck chasing THAT with Alka-Seltzer.

3. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

If you're looking for BBQ, I can't say enough about Main Street BBQ. I believe it's a couple miles north of Arlington in Euless. All you can eat BBQ place that is BYOB. It's only opened on the weekends, but it is worth a trip. Look for the giant armadillo outside and you know you're there.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I don't know about Dallas, but where I live that would be impossible to spot among all the other giant armadillos.

5. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Actually, it's only a moderate sized armadillo compared to the other armadillos in the greater DFW area.

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

If you've never been to a Fogo de Chao ...

7. Kermit McManus

Kermit McManus New Member

8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

...mortgage your house, sell your car, and beg for the extra $100 it will cost you to eat there :)

Draft saved Draft deleted