1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eat more chicken

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Jan 31, 2007.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I lived on a small farm, but worked on a HUGE commercial farm as a teenager. We were castrating, tagging, vaccinating and tatooing the new calves one day (many days, actually), when we ran into a particularly agressive mother. 17X. I'll never forget that number.

We knew she was going to put up a fight, so we took some precautionary measures. My boss (the driver) distracted her on one side of the truck and kept her off me with a stick while I caught the calf and threw it into the back of the truck to safely complete my tasks.

After a few minutes of fighting off 'ole 17X, my boss couldn't keep her away from the back of the truck. He'd broken his shepherd's cane on her while trying to keep her away from me when she found me and junior in the bed of the truck. She tried to get into the back of the truck with me. She got her front legs onto the tailgate and was pretty rowdy by this time. It scared the shit out of me, but just before she got into the bed of the truck WITH ME, I finished with the calf and eased him over the side of the bed and lowered him to the ground.

Just in time.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I eat more chicken any man ever seen.

3. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

I wanna be ... A BACK DOOR MAN!

4. leo1

leo1 Active Member

and so it begins.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Despite this incident, in the battle of cow vs. man, cows are still way, way behind.

6. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

I'll soon join you.
    Grocery store flyer this week advertises 10 lbs. of hind quarters for $4.80.

48¢ per pound for legs and thighs.

Gotta jump all over that.

7. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i just ate a tasty chicken sandwich with leftover chicken that i grilled over the weekend.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Table for one, I assume?

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Speaking of chicken and cows, despite the fact that cows weight 10,000 pounds and can trample you or toss Jake_Taylor in the "mud," of the people I know who grew up in the country, more were afraid of chickens and roosters as kids than cows.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

White sauce?

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Do you at least pound the chicken to make it good and tender?

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Stuffing?

Draft saved Draft deleted