1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Easter comes two months early at my house

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by blacktitleist, Feb 27, 2011.

1. copperpot

copperpot Well-Known Member

I have something similar going on with my nieces. They're my brother's kids, and their paternal grandfather lives about six houses away. He gives them $20 for every A they get ... whether it's homework, a quiz or a test.

I can see giving kids a reward for a good report card, but this is over the top. The 7-year-old was at my house over the summer and lost her wallet with $40 inside in one of our couch cushions. She hardly cared.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fixed.

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Won't she be surprised on Easter morning when she's awakened by a giant starburst artillary shell fireworks explosion in her backyard and her grandchildren bursting through the front door yelling, "Happy Fourth of July!"

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

She's a grandmother.

That's what they do.

5. beanpole

beanpole Member

Nothin' says Christianity like a chocolate cross in an Easter basket. That's one I've never seen before.

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

He mentioned Peeps separately. I want the chocolate-covered marshmallow bunnies. Eat the ears first. They're best that way.

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I eat the ears last.

So that they have to die hearing themselves scream.

Draft saved Draft deleted