1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

East Valley Tribune gets hammered

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by sbordow, Oct 6, 2008.

1. lono

lono Active Member

I wouldn't worry about it though, it's not a big college town.[/ianfaith]

2. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

Heh. Well, at least I won't have to feel guilty about not supporting the Freedom folks when the Republic shows up at my door every morning.

At least they're focusing on what really matters. Who wants to read about Scottsdale and Tempe when you're covering the vibrant and influential communities of Gilbert and fucking Queen Creek. At least they'll be the frontlines of the housing foreclosure mess. Are they going to start offering subscriptions to coyotes?

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Well, not to sound like I'm defending the EV Tribune, but if I was in a position where I felt I had to strip back coverage and focus on a smaller area, I'd bail on Scottsdale and Tempe and focus on Gilbert and Queen Creek too. The Republic covers Scottsdale and Tempe much more than Gilbert and QC, which are farther from the Republic's core area. Plus, Gilbert is significantly larger than Tempe with a far more desirable demographic, and Gilbert/Queen Creek is (er, was) where the growth was happening.

Draft saved Draft deleted