1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

East Rutherford NJ Gets 2014 Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 25, 2010.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

pretty much the only thumbs-up columns i've seen have been in cold-weather cities, primarily new york itself, where the big, bad, tough media has an oft-embarrassing small-town mentality.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm curious though - New York is the type of city that could swallow the Super Bowl whole. There are always tourists there anyway, there are always partys/celeb events, there are always corporate/promotional events - Super Bowl week will be like any other week.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

But I would guess the vast majority of attendees at a Super Bowl arrive by bus and not by car. There wouldn't be as much traffic to clear out of the parking lot.

Hell, the NFL could even mandate no personal vehicles in the stadium lot if they wanted to. For that matter, if the Pats ever did get to host a Super Bowl you'd probably see a commuter rail line built to Foxboro.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You would think DC would be a good choice until you realize the stadium is closer to fucking Delaware than Obama's bedroom.

Draft saved Draft deleted